Manjit Thapp is an illustration student based
in the UK. Her most
recent drawing process is to draw everything in pencil, scan, and add colour on
Photoshop – she particularly likes to combine digital and traditional media
together.
I recently discovered Manjit Thapp through finding her short comic on seasonal affective disorder, also known as SAD. I believe that Thapp is successful in sensitively communicating the feeling behind seasonal affective disorder and I admire how she decided to tackle a disorder that I feel people are unaware of (including myself). In that sense she truly embraces the idea of a fanzine by giving the unheard voices and issues a voice to be heard - which is admirable.
I’ve become to love Manjit Thapps work because it’s a refreshingly new style to me. I’ve noticed that she tends to exaggerate the facial features by enlarging the eyes, lips, ears and eyebrows yet she shrinks down the nose. I’m also a fan of her use of texture and pastel colours.

No comments:
Post a Comment